Monday, July 10, 2017

A Few Hours at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art












Ben and I recently made a quick trip to Kansas City for a ceramics workshop, and I chose to spend a few of my precious free hours perusing the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. I was blissfully unaware (until I got to the museum) that there was a sculpture park surrounding it, so you bet your ass I'll be back to explore that and the other sections of the museum I failed to visit that day.

I don't have a lot of pictures to share because I'm a painfully slow museum-er. In three hours, I made it to about 60% of the first floor-- I tend to gravitate towards the European sections of museums first-- and got stuck in the English pottery section, oohing and aahing over medieval chargers and Wedgwoods.

After visiting a few more rooms, (in the Euro section, obvs) I got crazy hungry and decided to try out the Rozelle Court Restaurant, which I spied through the massive black columns in the Kirkwood Hall. I'm glad I did because the food was tasty (I had beef soup and a caprese salad with artichokes) and inexpensive, plus! I got to enjoy my meal in the courtyard amidst arches and fountains. 


Post a Comment

© stl living. Design by Fearne.